Beijing on Friday rejected accusations it had been sell oil to North Korea in violation of U.N. sanctions, a day after Trump accused China of being caught “red handed” selling oil to Pyongyang. Few hours later, Seoul released information that supports Trump’s claims, but U.S. officials have not confirmed details of this report.
Hua Chunying, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman, denies all accusations and told to reporters that the reports “did not accord with facts”.
“In reality, the ship in question has, since August, not docked at a Chinese port and there is no record of it entering or leaving a Chinese port”, said Hua.
“China has always implemented U.N. Security Council resolutions pertaining to North Korea in their entirety and fulfils its international obligations. We never allow Chinese companies and citizens to violate the resolutions. If, through investigation, it’s confirmed there are violations of the U.N. Security Council resolutions, China will deal with them seriously in accordance with laws and regulations”, added Hua Chunying.
The Chinese boat is among the 10 ships the United States proposed to blacklist for transporting banned item to North Korea, but both China and Russia have asked more time to consider the proposal.